Test your emoji knowledge – how well do you know what these mean?
1.The most-used emoji on Facebook? The laugh-cry emoji (😂) is still going strong—it also took the top of the list for Twitter usage last year.
2. It’s followed by ol’ Heart Eyes, which is lovely.
3. Despite, um, everything, maybe American users actually got a little happier this year. In 2016 the top Twitter emoji in the U.S. was this angsty, weary dude: 😩. This year? The rolling-on-the-floor emoji is the winner with American Facebook users (🤣).
4. Facebook Messenger users are full of affection: In the U.K., Thailand, Canada, and Brazil, the top Messenger emojis were all heart-related (❤️,💘, or 💕). The U.S. and India both blew kisses to their friends, with 😘 dominating the (emoji) conversations.
5. More than 5 billion emoji are sent every day on Messenger. 😲
6. None of the top-10 most used emoji on Facebook convey negative emotions, with the exception of No. 9, which is 😭. We like to think it’s mostly people regaling the world with tales of embarrassing-but-funny moments?